Last updated on May 10th, 2020 at 09:13 am
Blackadder is perhaps the funniest and most intelligently written British comedy series of all time. The conniving Blackadder with his hapless partner in crime Baldrick have kept people entertained for years. With only four series consisting of six episodes each, Blackadder left it’s mark. Here is a collection of the best funny Blackadder memes.
Funny Blackadder Memes
Four different series of Blackadder were created in the 80s, along with a number of specials. Each series was set in a new era, starting from the medieval period, and ending up in the First World War.
Most people tend to agree the first series was the weakest, although it did have its moments. Especially with Brian Blessed bellowing out the lines!
Still, it’s from Series 2 onward that things really get going!
Blackadder Quotes and Screenshots
This collection of Blackadder screenshots and quotes spans all the series as well as a few of the specials. If you’d like to reminisce more about Blackadder, check out this website: Blackadder Quotes.
For links to other British Comedy related memes, quotes and images, take a look at the bottom of this post.
Best Blackadder Quotes
- “You ride a horse rather less well than another horse would. Your brain would make a grain of sand look large and ungainly and the part of you that can’t be mentioned, I am reliably informed by women around the Court, wouldn’t be worth mentioning even if it could be.”
- “Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we’ll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner…”
- “Baldrick, does it have to be this way? Our valued friendship ending with me cutting you up into strips and telling the prince that you walked over a very sharp cattle grid in an extremely heavy hat?”
- “Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches close to Berlin.”
- “You find yourself amusing, Blackadder.” “I try not to fly in the face of public opinion.”
- “Baldrick, believe me, eternity in the company of Beelzebub and all his hellish instruments of death will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me and this pencil if we can’t replace this dictionary.”
- “Oh, God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.”
- “You mean they [actors] actually rehearse? I thought they just got drunk, stuck on silly hats and trusted to luck.”
- “Such activities are totally beyond my mother. My father only got anywhere with her because he told her it was a cure for diarrhoea.”
- “I’ve no desire to hang around with a bunch of upper-class delinquents, do 20 minutes’ work and then spend the rest of the day loafing about in Paris drinking gallons of champagne and having dozens of moist, pink, highly experienced French peasant girls galloping up and down my – hang on…”